Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sennheiser HD 205 II Headphones Review





Manufacturer’s Page: here
Specs:

  • Frequency response (headphones): 14 - 20000 Hz
  • Sound pressure level (SPL): 112 dB
  • Jack plug: 3.5/6.3 mm stereo
  • Cable length: 3m
  • Nominal impedance: 32 Ω


My current line of work involves being away most of the time, and I wanted to buy a set of headphones to take along with me. Taking my HD 598 was not a good idea because they are open back, so people will be hearing what I’m listening to (not okay in shared accommodation), plus I considered them to be too expensive to expose to the harsh conditions I get in. 

Without any research, I was at Radioshack when I saw this set! With no doubt in Sennheiser’s label, I decided to buy it, with no research of any sort. Typical impulsive buy.
The set has a solid but cheapish build. The fit did block noise pretty well, bit it was super annoying for me! It felt too tight and definitely not something I would want on my head for more than 15 minutes max. One can call it Sennheiser HD QuiteDiscomfort! Then came the sound quality. I must say that at 20% of what I paid for the HD 598, it is only fair to expect lower quality. I have officially been spoilt for good. Anybody who never had a nice set and tried this one, got amazed!
Sennheiser put a soft leather pouch along with the set, and a threaded pin converter. I sold the set as soon as I could, after about less than 6 hours of use.

Not that this set is bad, but it is definitely outclassed by the HD 598 that I have. As a replacement, I am considering PX-200-II, HD 380 Pro or SkullCandy Crusher. Three different directions with different appeals, but I think I will go for the HD 380 in the end.


See Also:

No comments:

Post a Comment