Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Review After 6 Months

Phone Specs: here

Who is this phone for? 
Definitely gamers, more than anyone else. It doesn't come with on-par quality camera or music playback sub-systems, but it delivers in terms of speed, thanks to its top of the line Snapdragon 845 processor and 6 GB of RAM (at least the one I have does).

Impressions After 6 Months:

  • Hasn't slowed down.
  • After a few firmware upgrades though, the battery feels like it lasts less now than at the time when I bought it
Issues:
  • Sound quality is a real bummer, both through the headphone jack and Bluetooth
  • The main issue that I really hate now about this phone is its less than okay touch screen response to my input. This largely affects your gaming experience, where you are getting poor response from the screen, affecting your accuracy and handicapping your game. For your reference, I am referring to PUBG Mobile & Mobile Legends
What's next?
In all honesty, I was going for an Oppo Find X when I found this phone. At the same price Oppo offered the F9, which looked tons better, had a better camera, and I already owned 2 extra VOOC chargers. However, I was put off by the Heliotech processors. I will use the Poco for as long as it can survive, but I do know now that I will not be buying another Xiaomi phone. For my next phone, I will most probably get Oppos.

No comments:

Post a Comment